There's no better way to embrace the fall season than with a steaming bowl of Maple Pumpkin Soup. This velvety soup brings together the natural sweetness of pumpkin with the gentle touch of maple syrup, resulting in a luxurious and heartwarming blend that's perfect for ushering in the coziest time of the year. Whether you're hosting a gathering of friends and family for Halloween or seeking solace in a bowl of comfort on a chilly evening, this Maple Pumpkin Soup will envelop you in the spirit of the season.
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup Jakeman's Maple Syrup
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, combine the pumpkin puree, Jakeman's Maple Syrup, vegetable broth, coconut milk, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat.
- Let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with a drizzle of maple syrup on top. You can also garnish with roasted pumpkin seeds or a dollop of sour cream for a spooky touch.
This soup is made with minimal added fats, and the fats are primarily unsaturated, making it a heart-healthy choice.
While maple syrup adds sweetness to the soup, it's used in moderation. Maple syrup is a natural sweetener and a source of some beneficial antioxidants.