Maple syrup is not just for pancakes and waffles! In fact, it's a delicious ingredient that can be used in a variety of sweet treats, including ice cream. If you're a fan of this classic Canadian sweetener, then you'll definitely want to try this amazing maple syrup ice cream recipe.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup Jakeman's Maple Syrup
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a saucepan, combine the heavy cream, whole milk, and maple syrup. Cook over medium heat until it starts to simmer.
- While the mixture is heating up, whisk the egg yolks in a separate bowl until light and frothy.
- Slowly pour the hot cream mixture into the egg yolks, whisking constantly.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract and salt.
- Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or until completely cold.
- Pour the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Transfer the churned ice cream to a container and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
This maple syrup ice cream is sure to be a hit with anyone who loves the rich, sweet flavor of maple syrup. It's the perfect dessert for a warm summer evening or any time you're craving a sweet treat. Give it a try and let us know what you think!